1 Fennel bulb sliced
10 brussel sprouts or green cabbage finely sliced (if using cabbage- ¼ small savoy)
2 oranges peeled and chopped, save juice too
1 clove garlic chopped
1 red onion chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup of chopped parsley
Chopped almonds or sunflower seeds for garnishing
1. Add finely sliced fennel, brussel sprout or cabbage, chopped parsley, chopped garlic and red onion to a salad bowl.
2. Chop oranges and place in salad bowl
3. Mix through ingredients
4. Make dressing with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
5. Pour over salad and mix through. I sometimes double dressing ingredients.
Top with chopped almonds or sunflower seeds.
6. Let it stand for at least a couple of hours.